Kolan British Hospital Gastroenterology department provides diagnosis and treatment services by using advanced technology devices with its physicians and relevant health staff specialized in internal diseases and digestive system problems.
Kolan British Hospital Gastroenterology department provides comprehensive treatments with an innovative approach for all liver diseases including cirrhosis complications, but excluding liver transplantation.
Furthermore, in our department, screening is sometimes required to monitor chronic liver diseases especially for tumor development, and necessary treatments are provided with radiology department thereon.
When surgical operations are required, Gastroenterology department, General Surgery department and Radiology department work jointly in diagnosis and treatment of all liver diseases.
Major signs and systems of gastroenterological diseases are heartburn, pyrosis, sour taste coming up into the mouth, stomachache, burning in the middle of chest, nausea, vomiting, tickle-like chronic cough, disturbance taking some foods, diarrhea, constipation, bleeding from mouth, bleeding from anus, difficulty in bowel movement, change in bowel movement habit, pale skin and eyes, itching, and sometimes weakness and weight loss.
Endoscopic procedures are used to diagnose and treat these diseases. During all these procedures, an intravenous tranquilizer drug called as sedation can be administered to the patient if s/he wants, thus patient feels no pain during these procedures.
Clinical Applications in Kolan British Hospital Gastroenterology Department
- Upper Gastrointestinal System Endoscopy (GASTROSCOPY)
- Lower Gastrointestinal System Endoscopy (COLONOSCOPY)
- ERCP (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Esophagus balloon and bougie dilatation
- Endoscopic intragastric balloon application (Obesity treatment)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Placement of stent in gastrointestinal canal
- Biopsy and treatments for liver diseases
- Inflammatory Intestinal Diseases (Crohn and Ulcerative Colitis) Policlinics
Our Kolan British Hospital Gastroenterology department aims to become an internationally recognized diagnosis and treatment unit and an international center providing endoscopic applications.